I have got into a good reading rhythm this month, which I’m very happy about. Mostly I’ve been working hard to get my concentration and focus back, which has been shot ever since I got pregnant in 2010!
I’ve also been buying fewer books and have cut back on Netgalley books too, which is good. Since I’m moving back to Tassie later this year, I’ve started having books bought online sent there instead of to Toronto – saves me having to ship them, which is silly when you get free shipping from the Book Depository! Also means I’ll have some books waiting for me when I arrive. In fact, books for the last few months of the Around the World in 12 Books challenge I’m making sure I ship straight there, so I can keep up with the challenge.
Books Read in January: 22 (includes 4 picture books)
Books Bought in January: 45 (including Kindle, excluding Netgalley & review copies)
Review Copies Received (hard copy or Kindle): 5
Kindle E-books Bought: 8
E-books From Netgalley for Review: 3
Favourite Book Read in January: The Precipice, The Man Plan and The Painted Girls
Most Disappointing Book: Die For Me and Forgotten.
Currently Reading: I’m about to start The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones, a review copy from TLC Book Tours. Review to come on the 5th of February.
Books Read for Challenges:
- Mount TBR Challenge – 17 – wow! Though quite a few of them were from December, but as long as I got them before the 1st of January they count!
Around the World in 12 Books Challenge – January was France, and I read 5 books set in France (all Paris!), though only 1 was written by a French author ( ) and 1 didn’t count because it was genre fiction (Die For Me).
Australian Women Writers Challenge – 4, though I’m behind by two reviews.
Canadian Book Challenge – 5
Read-alongs – 0
Books Read in January
1. ’Twas the Night Before Christmas by C Clement Moore
2. Frosty the Snowman by Jack Rollins & Steve Nelson
3. Baa, Baa, Black Sheep by Melissa Everett
4. Nursery Rhymes: Sung By Children, For Children by Kate Toms
5. The Precipice by Virginia Duigan
6. Henry and the Incredibly Incorrigible, Inconveniently Intelligent Smart Human by LA Messina
7. Twas the Night Before Christmas by Charles Reasoner
8. The Confidant by Hélène Grémillon
9. Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie
10. The Forsaken by Lisa M Stasse
11. The Emperor of Paris by CS Richardson
12. The Man Plan by Elise K Ackers
13. Die For Me by Amy Plum
14. The Age of Hope by David Bergen
15. Taken by Kelli Maine
16. The Bay of Foxes by Sheila Kohler
17. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
18. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
19. Short Soup by Coleen Kwan
20. Raising Boys in a New Kind of World by Michael Reist
21. The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan
22. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Six reviews left to write! Sigh. I was doing so well too, but I slipped behind this week because of the books I was reading (I managed to read 419 in time for the book club meeting tonight, but it was a close call!).
I’ve got some great books in mind to read during February. Books set in Sudan for the Around the World challenge, some review copies, and, well, anything else that takes my fancy! It’s not work when no one’s making you do it.